Complaints against smoky mountain hospice Lisa, a smoking nurse, saw us before a history evaluation. One of the drugs she prescribed was a patch.

The next day, after Susan tried the patch and had every adverse symptom listed, she spoke to Lisa on the phone asking for something else. Lisa stated that it wasn't the patch, but the cancer. This was a dangerous assumption. When we wanted an answer about being with hospice while trying to make an appointment for treatment with a doctor, we received a different answer from each person we asked.

I had to, like always, spend time and energy trying to find the right answer, which kept me away from Susan. On May 1, Monday, I left a message with Donna the volunteer. I did not receive a call as of May 6, Saturday. After more detective work, I discovered from a pharmacist that smoky mountain hospice will only prescribe generic brand drugs.

They already knew that Susan has severe sensitivities to chemicals, and they should have made it clear that she would only be receiving generic drugs, which have toxic chemicals. We didn't have an intake meeting with Charlie Grooms until a week after many drugs were given to us by Lisa the nurse. This didn't sink in until careful thought. The intake should have taken place before the decisions about what drugs to take.

I asked Charlie Grooms about donating the body to medical research. He told me that he would "check into it and call me back." He did not call me back. Paula Morrison, office manager in Greeneville, stated that the non smoking nurse was not available for another week (May 13 or later). After I complained to the corporate director, Morrison called and stated that the non smoking nurse will be here Monday May 8.

They should have alerted us that a smoking nurse would be coming into the house. I don’t care that there is only one non smoking nurse! I also don’t care if 75% of the locals are either active or passive smokers. That shouldn’t have been Susan’s problem!!!

I e-mailed Tammy Francis, alleged owner of smoky mountain hospice. One of the statements was that I was finished trying to talk to Morrison. Francis does not respond to the e-mail but instead tells Morrison to call me. I wanted to communicate to the owner, but she didn't have the time to waste one me.

I have e-mails to back up this accusation. Morrison assumed that we were switching and without contacting us, canceled the meeting with Greg the chaplain. When I called Greg, he stated that he had received "mixed messages" and thought we were switching. He should have called us if he wasn't sure.

One of the office staff, Betsy I think, stated that I can get reimbursed for what I buy. When I inquired about this with Morrison, I didn't get a straight answer. The manual does not state that a customer can be reimbursed for what I buy. Once again, this corporation is not clear about what is covered.

If Betsy didn't tell me this information, I would have never known. Susan wanted someone to do a bible reading on Friday June 9. So I called Greg who stated that he was available at 2 p.m. He called back stating that he had a previous appointment that he did not record and that he was busy after that.

That's the last time I will contact Greg. All materials that were brought from the office wreak of cigarette smoke. Someone is smoking in the office. I decided to request more needed materials on June 27; both items wreaked of cigarette smoke.

The nurse does not smoke, so wherever they are coming from is constantly saturated with cigarette smoke. I can't request anything that came from the office. I have not been given the opportunity to speak to the volunteer lawyer. At this point, she has "medical issues." This lawyer can "give advice, but can't get actively involved in cases." Either I have the privilege of talking to this alleged lawyer, or I don't.

It has been determined that I don't. July 26, Cindy the nurse put a catheter in Susan, and told me that I could call with any problems. She didn't tell me that I wouldn't be speaking to her, but someone who wasn't there. I left a message at the office for Cindy to call, at about 11 a.m.

Susan was in pain from the catheter. At 5 p.m. Angie, the new office manager, returned the call. This is unacceptable.

I wanted to speak to Cindy, who was there, not Angie, the office manager. August 2, 2017. I discovered today that I was not legally responsible for paying for Susan's cremation. LeAnn Stewart told me months ago that I was responsible for paying.

I couldn't take the time away from Susan to play detective, so I accepted her word. When I asked Susan about her conversations with Stewart, Susan told me that Stewart was afraid that I wouldn't take the responsibility to have Susan cremated. Stewart's job is to provide information, not judgments based on her biases and superstitions. The customer's job is to make the decisions based on objective information.

August 24, I called Alder Funeral home Tyler stated that he has not received the death certificate. It's been almost one month since Susan died. Dustin Clark, M.D. was supposed to sign the certificate.

August 29 Angie the nurse took care of it. Clark had not done his job in a month. I received the certificate on 9/16. This is unacceptable to me.

This is just a few short examples of what this corporation is about. They are fragmented, they don't communicate with each other, they make assumptions, they are disorganized, they talk like lawyers and politicians, vague, evasive, dancing around the point, etc. Morrison is clearly the worst, she doesn't listen to anything I say, instead she does what she wants, when she wants. Instead of spending quality time with Susan, I have to spend time playing detective with mostly Morrison to try to get critical information.

The stress of knowing that I have to struggle with this corporation, and of my being away from her, has caused her more pain, nausea, and is shortening her limited life. I accuse Morrison and Francis of gross negligence, rude, condescending behavior towards myself and gender discrimination. What they did to me they did to Susan. I accuse Greg the parson of incompetence.

I accuse Lisa the nurse of smoking in our house, and negligence. LeAnn Stewart the social was helpful, then patronizing, then helpful, then patronizing, etc. The only ones who were sincere, and professional, were Craig and Angie, also briefly Gertrude the cna. Whatever you did to me, you did to Susan.

This is a typical american corporation where the bottom line is to increase profits, not helping people. Mailed complaint 12/18/17 to deyta 888-893-1937 Health care facilities 800-541-7367

Review about: Smoky Mountain Home Health And Hospice Nurse.

I didn't like: Lack of communication, Fragmented, Inconsistent.

Comments